The Second Conference of the
International Association for Cognitive Semiotics (IACS 2016)
June 20-22, 2016
Maria Curie-Sklodowska University, Lublin, Poland
The conference will be held in English.
You can participate in the conference:
- preparing an individual paper for the conference
- preparing a poster;
- organizing/participating in a theme session;
- as a general participant (without presentation)
- Deadline for abstract submission (theme session): 30 Nov 2015 (closed)
- Extended deadline for abstract submission (papers, posters): 31 Jan, 2016
- Notification of acceptance (theme sessions): 15 Jan 2016
- Notification of acceptance (papers, posters): 29 Feb 2016
- Last date for early registration: 15 Apr 2016
- Last date for participant registration: 15 May 2016
- Final program publication: 30 May 2016
* Oral presentations
1 page, 400 words, single-spaced, font size 12 pt, 2.5 cm margins on all sides. Diagrams must fit in the page.
Heading should include: title of the paper, author(s) name, author(s) affiliation, e-mail address of principal author; “paper” or “poster” indication
20 min presentation + 10 minute discussion
1 page, 100 words, single-spaced, font size 12 pt, 2.5 cm margins on all sides. Diagrams must fit in the page.
Heading should include: title of the paper, author(s) name, author(s) affiliation, e-mail address of principal author; indicate that you’re submitting a poster abstract
1 minute oral presentation in the main lecture hall, preceding the poster session
* Theme sessions
Session title, name and affiliation of symposium convener, an introduction of up to 400 words explaining the theme, all symposium abstracts, in suitable order.
90-minute up to 150 min. sessions of 3-6 papers, allowing time for discussion. Papers in each session should be thematically linked.
Session proposers should indicate whether, if a symposium is not accepted as a whole, they wish the individual abstracts to be considered as individual presentations (oral or poster)
Abstracts should be submitted as .odt, .doc or .docx attachments using EasyChair: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iacs2016. In order to submit an abstract you have to use your existing EasyChair account or register using the link above.
Detailed submission instructions:
- Once you have created an EasyChair account or signed in please follow the following steps:
- Click on the ‘New Submission’ link at the top of the page;
- fill in the information about the author or authors;
- give the title of the paper in the ‘Title’ box and then:
- type three or more keywords into the ‘Keywords’ box
- upload your abstract as a .doc, .odt or .docx file by clicking ‘Choose File’ under ‘Upload Paper’;
- press ‘Submit’ at the very bottom of the page.
- In case of problems, questions or doubts do not hesitate to contact the organizers:
contact and info:
Piotr Konderak, kondorp[at]bacon.umcs.lublin.pl